Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Tour

As I walked down Broadway and saw the "L'Ecole Restaurant" sign, my heart began to race. I walked into the door next to the restaurant to the French Culinary Institute, got into the elevator and pushed 4. The door opened into a bright room. "I am here for my tour."

My tour guide was so enthusiastic that it was making me even more excited! We walked through the whole school, not stopping for a breath along the way, and I even got to meet one of the chefs that would be my first teacher. It was the best hour of my life and I cannot wait to start my time at the FCI!

I immediately went home and baked blueberry muffins. It let out some of my excitement :)

Here are my first two gifts from the school! A sugar flower and a loaf of sour dough bread....all freshly made by the current students! I clearly could not resist nibbling on the bread. It was DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment